Dr. Kumar is a specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in total hip & knee joint replacement (THR/TKR), arthroscopy & Paediatric Orthopaedics.
Dr. Ashok Kumar has completed MS Orthopedics and subsequent specialized training from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi which is the apex premier tertiary teaching center in India. He has worked as an Assistant professor at AIIMS and Specialist Orthopedics Surgeon at Dubai Bone & Joint Centre (DBAJ, first exclusive musculoskeletal center of UAE) in Dubai health care city for four years. He was working as Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon at Saudi German Hospital, Dubai for last 3 years.
He has published more than 31 international indexed Orthopaedic papers and co-authored a book (2014) titled “Tips & Tricks in Total Hip & Knee Arthroplasty”. He has presented his work in various highly prestigious international Orthopedics Conferences (SICOT/Arab Health/IOACON/ESMOS) including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon (AAOS).He has been an international faculty for reputed AIIMS cadaveric Arthroplasty course & update for (2010-2019).
Other Clinical Interests and Specializations Paediatric:
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction/meniscectomy/ankle arthroscopy
- Management of chronic tendinopathy (PRP/ shockwave/prolotherapy/repair)
- Paediatric Fractures/Dislocations
- Management of Flat foot/ club foot (Ponseti/surgery) / DDH (Brace/Pelvic & femoral osteotomy)/ Perthes/ knock knee / bowed leg/ cerebral palsy(brace/tendon release), CVT
- Complex musculoskeletal trauma
- Surgical management of acute fractures of the upper/lower limbs/delayed or nonunion.
- Management of benign (injection/curettage & BG) and malignant bone tumour (limbselvage)
- Management of back pain (transforminal / facet joint injection)/ neck pain/tail bone pain (Prolotherapy)