Dr. Shahid has been head of the department and chief of the Department of Allergy and Immunology in NIH, Islamabad for 14 years and has developed several Allergy Vaccines and Allergy Tests. He developed Sublingual Allergy Vaccine in 2002 and his patients (in Pakistan and International patients) are using it since 2002 whereas Sublingual Vaccines were approved by FDA around 2008. He developed Novel concepts in Allergy diagnosis and treatment with Treating the cause of allergy with highly specific and targeted Allergy vaccines, Rotatory Diversified Food plans according to allergy tests, Immuno-Nutrition, Immuno-Boost, and Immuno-modulation in management of allergic and immune diseases.
Dr. Shahid Abbas has seen thousands of patients suffering from Hair Fall and cosmetic allergies and to help such patients he completed a one-year diploma and training in formulations of personal care products from Australia. His brand is Dr. Shahid Skin Care with hypoallergenic formulations. He has developed novel products for hair fall, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, skin brightening, and anti-acne products with the latest Peptides and Plant Peptides and with no chemicals. He has been trained in the production of allergy vaccines in the USA by the World Health Organization and was head of the Allergy Vaccine Production Unit in the National Institute of Health, Islamabad, Pakistan for more than 10 years.
Dr. Shahid Abbas along with Prof. Bassam developed an Allergy Vaccine and diagnostic tests for the diagnosis and treatment of the Black Ant Allergy, which is prevalent in the Middle East, UAE, Africa, and South America. This is a great breakthrough in the world of allergy and they have the patent for these. If SLIT is produced in UAE then UAE will be the first country in Asia and Africa to produce SLITY Vaccine. He has developed ANAPHYLAXIS KIT and ANAPHYLAXIS CARD for management of the ANAPHYLAXIS (severe allergic reaction) which we provide in our clinics at a minimal price (the price of EPI Pen a similar product is sold for more than 200 dollars). We provide special training to the patients about how to self-inject the anaphylaxis kit injection in case of emergency and save the life
Dr. Shahid specializes in:
- Skin Prick Tests for Aero Allergens and Foods
- Intradermal Skin Tests Aero Allergens and Foods
- Food Challenge Allergy Tests
- Low Dose Immunotherapy/EPD (Enzyme Potentiated Desensitization)
- Rotatory Diversified Food Program after the allergy tests
- Environmental Allergy
- Food Allergy
- Drug Allergy
- Children Allergies
- IV Immuno-Hydration
- Crohn’s Disease
- Tourette syndrome
- Autism, ADHD
The conditions he treats go beyond those the usual ones such as acne, asthma, and sinusitis. He is also specialized in treating severe diseases such as autism, Crohn’s Disease, depression, and Tourette syndrome.
Area of Expertise
- Dr. Shahid believes in finding the cause of allergy and treating it. He strongly believes in the international consensus that allergy is genetically transmitted immune diseases and cannot be treated with the symptomatic treatments and it has to be treated immunologically with Immunotherapy (SLIT drops/tablets, SCIT, or allergy shots).
- After seeing thousands of patients suffering from different allergies and skin allergies he always had concerns about allergic reactions to cosmetics and hair dyes. To help the patients and understand the mechanisms of cosmetic science, Dr. Abbas completed a one-year diploma in Cosmetic science Formulations and have developed novel cosmetic, dermatological products, and anti-hair fall products that are hypoallergenic and have a strong scientific basis.
- He also developed Anaphylaxis Kit and Anaphylaxis Card for management of Emergency Allergic Reactions, Intravenous IMMUNO-HYDRATION CENER for Immuno-Nutrition, Immuno-Boosting, Immuno-manipulation, and Immuno-modulation and maintaining your immune system and body in good and optimal health.
- AAAAI (American Academy Allergy Asthma And Immunology)
- EAAACI (European Allergy Asthma and Clinical Immunology)
- APAACI (Asia Pacific Association of Allergy, Asthma, and Clinical Immunology).