Dr. Tarek Sultan has 30 years of Experience as a Consultant Anesthetist in United Nations Hospitals, Veteran Association (VA) Hospital Gainesville Florida University FL USA and Egyptian Military Hospitals.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.Ch.) at Ain Shams University, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo Egypt
- MD degree of Anesthesia, (Doctorates) (Ph.D) Faculty of Medicine, Azhar University, Cairo Egypt.
- Master degree of Anesthesia (M.Sc) Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo Egypt.
- Tarek Sultan has been working in UAE since 2014 as a Consultant Anesthetist with DHA, DHCC and MOH License.
- Experience in the Intensive Care Unit with high-risk cases.
- Experience in Neonatal and Pediatric Anesthesia.
- Experience in Epidural and spinal anesthesia for Obstetrics & Gynae, Plastic, Bariatric and Orthopedic surgery.
- Experience in Anesthesia for Neuro and spinal surgeries, pain management, regional anesthesia.
- Experience in Anesthesia for vascular surgery [peripheral vascular surgery, angiography, grafts, aortic aneurysms, CABG, valve replacement and aortic surgery].
- Certified from Harvard Medical School Longwood Medical Area of Boston, Massachusetts USA, as an expert in Mechanical Ventilation for COVID -19
- Experience in Ultrasonic Guided nerve blockades for Orthopedics surgery.
- Experience in hypotensive anesthesia techniques for spinal and all Orthopedic surgeries.
- Experience in applying nerve blocks during the acute phase of the herpes zoster shortens the duration of zoster-related pain, and somatic blocks (including paravertebral and repeated/continuous epidural blocks).
- Experience in nerve blocks, spinal cord stimulation, and facet joint injections for treatment of post- laminectomy syndrome.
- Experience to oversight of all steps related to the medical service rendered either in clinics, inpatient, or operating room.
Dr. Tarek Sultan is designated as a Visiting Research Professor of Anesthesiologist In Collage of Medicine, University of Florida, Florida, USA. He is also a member of the UN (United Nations) as a Consultant Anesthetist in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Kenya and Ghana. He has experience in teaching junior Anesthetist and technicians to update Anesthesia knowledge, teaches and trains elements of medical care delivery to medical practitioners, nurses, and paramedical staff.
Academic research published:
- “Anesthesia in Burn Patients” Published in The Egyptian Military Medical Journal in 1994
- “The Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery” Published in The Egyptian Military Medical Journal in 2007